How to play Call of Duty: World at War Co-op LAN with Hamachi
This post is for the people that wants to play Call of Duty: World at War Coop mode over the Internet with their friends (using Hamachi).
- Call of Duty: World at War
Hamachi 18.104.22.168 is the working version.
Hamachi 1.0.3 did not work properly for me. Please let me know if it works for you.
- Windows Firewall has been disabled
For All the players, you have to do the following:
- Reconfigure your XP’s Network connections to make it detect Hamachi first. Go to All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network Connections. Go to the menu > Advanced > Advanced Settings. Put Hamachi on top of the list.
Before you continue: One person has to create a Hamachi Server and get everyone to join the sever.
For the Host (1 Player)
- Go into Call of Duty and create a server.
- Wait for your friend to join.
For the Other Players(1-3 Players)
- Before you launch Call of Duty, you have to download a fix that will allow you to play LAN game with Hamachi. Download the Call of Duty: World at War LANFIX from:
- Launch the game by running the LANFIX.
- Go to the lobby to see the host’s game
Q: When my friend tries to join my game via LAN, he encounters the error “This game session is no longer available“.
A: If you are using the newer version of Hamachi, you may want to consider downgrading to version 22.214.171.124. When I encountered this issue with one of my friends, I downgraded from Hamachi 1.0.3 to 126.96.36.199 and the problem was resolved.
The download link for Hamachi 188.8.131.52 is available at File Hippo: http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/tech/2114/
Filed under: how-to, Video Games | 29 Comments
Tags: Call of Duty, Call of Duty 5, Call of Duty: World at War, COD5, COD5WAW, Coop, hamachi, LAN, LANFIX, Multiplayer, PC, this game session is no longer available, Tutorial, Video Game, World at War, zombies